Having quality headshots whether for personal use, or for your business, is a great way to present a professional image of yourself and to highlight the members of your staff. Having headshots done can be a little nerve racking, but with some preparation, the process can be a pleasant one. Here are some guidelines to get ready for your headshots and to make sure you’re getting the most out of your photography experience.
• Bring two extra tops or shirts with you in addition to the shirt you are wearing. If one isn’t working in a photo, it’s nice to have extra options to choose from.
• If you wear a uniform to work, make sure it’s clean and ironed with no visible tears or stains.
• Your clothes should fit well and you should feel comfortable in them. If you’re uncomfortable in something you’re wearing, that will most likely come across in the picture.
• Don’t overdress. Try to appear as you would on a typical day meeting a client.
• Avoid busy patterns.
• Have your hair and makeup done before the photographer arrives.
• Avoid shimmery makeup or attire, they tend to reflect light and don’t photograph well.
In order to make the process more efficient, I’ll select and edit your two best images. If you’d like to see the rest of your images, there will be an additional fee charged.